These short tutorials explain how two missions need to be set up so objects in containers and in the player inventory can be carried over between them. You need Telliamed’s tnhScript for these to work.
1. Create a container.
2. Add the Scripts property to the container. You can delete LockSounds and Container here and type InvCarryOver into the first field instead. Make sure Don’t Inherit is not checked.
3. Create Contains links from the container to any object that should be found inside. Additionally, create ScriptParams links from the container to each object and type CarryOver into the Link Data field.
1. Repeat steps 1 and 2 from the first mission, but add the script InvLoadUp instead of InvCarryOver.
That’s it! At the end of the mission, the content of the container will be saved and restored in the next mission.
Note about contained objects: Any properties you’ve added to a concrete object are not carried over, with the exception of Stack Count. If you need additional properties on a object to be carried over, create an archetype for the object and add the properties there. Don’t forget to save the gamesys in this case.
1. Add the InvCarryOver script to the starting point.
2. Add ScriptParams links from the starting point to each inventory item with CarryOver as the Link Data. If certain items aren’t in the player’s possession at the start but can be found during the mission, you can either add the ScriptParams links to the concrete objects or to the archetype instead. For stackable equipment like water arrows etc. it’s easier to link to the archetype.
3. Add Editor→Design Note to the starting point and type
1. Add the InvLoadUp script to the starting point.
2. Add Editor→Design Note to the starting point and type